Phi Mu Foundation is currently accepting applications for a summer intern to work in partnership with Foundation staff in support of the organization’s powerful mission.
Phi Mu Foundation is committed to the lifetime development of women through the support of the organization’s leadership, scholarship, philanthropic & educational programs, as well as historic preservation.
Working at Phi Mu National Headquarters in Peachtree City, the Foundation Intern will have an opportunity to support all aspects of the organization, including assistance with the following projects:
- Giving Programs & Annual Fund Management
- Assist with incoming constituent donation management while building relationships with donors.
- Provide support to assist the Foundation in maintaining high standards of service to members, stewardship, and data accuracy.
- Event Fundraising & Management
- Planning, logistics and on-site management during Foundation cultivation events.
- Communications, Promotion & Donor Recognition
- Provide assistance to Foundation staff to increase stewardship, cultivate donors and strengthen relationships with our members.
- Prospect Management and Research
- Assist with projects that support the Foundation’s Major Gifts and Development teams, including updating information in the constituent database and conducting donor research.
- Requirements and Expectations:
- Be available to serve 20 hours per week for 8-10 weeks during Summer 2017.
- Be responsible, professional, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, self-motivated and committed to the mission of Phi Mu Foundation
- Have a genuinely positive approach to work with a willingness to support other special projects to advance the mission
- Possess a high level of organizational skills/attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Computer competency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Genuine interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising
To Apply: Please submit a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in the position and resume/experience history to Anji Roe Wood, Phi Mu Foundation Executive Director – firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is May 1, 2017.
Compensation: $10 per hour, plus travel and lodging expenses for any required travel.
Housing and transportation are not provided. The candidate will be expected to have housing and reliable transportation for the duration of the internship experience.