We are currently seeking a vibrant Phi Mu woman to join the Foundation team as a Summer Intern!
As the Foundation Summer Intern, you will be working at Phi Mu National Headquarters in Peachtree City, GA. The Foundation Summer Intern will have an opportunity to support all aspects of the organization, including assistance with the following projects:
- Giving Programs & Annual Fund Management
- Assist with incoming constituent donation management while building relationships with donors.
- Provide support to assist the Foundation in maintaining high standards of service to members, stewardship, and data accuracy.
- Event Fundraising & Management
- Planning, logistics and on-site management during Foundation cultivation events.
- Communications, Promotion & Donor Recognition
- Provide assistance to Foundation staff to increase stewardship, cultivate donors and strengthen relationships with our members.
- Prospect Management and Research
- Assist with projects that support the Foundation’s Major Gifts and Development teams, including updating information in the constituent database and conducting donor research.
- 2018 Convention Support
- Manage Caring Carnation sales & promotion.
- Provide general support to Foundation events.
- Assist with preparation and planning in advance of travel.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Be available to serve 20 hours per week for 8-10 weeks during Summer 2018
- Be available to travel and work in Las Vegas for the entire period of July 2-6, 2018
- Be responsible, professional, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, self-motivated and committed to the mission of Phi Mu Foundation
- Have a genuinely positive approach to work with a willingness to support other special projects to advance the mission
- Possess a high level of organizational skills/attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Computer competency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Genuine interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in the position, resume/experience history, and a reference letter from an Executive Committee Member of your chapter to Anji Roe Wood, Phi Mu Foundation Executive Director at: email@example.com. Application deadline is March 9, 2018.
$15 per hour, plus travel and lodging expenses for the duration of Convention 2018.
Outside of Convention travel, housing and transportation are not provided. The candidate will be expected to have housing and reliable transportation for the duration of the internship experience.
To learn more about the Foundation Summer Internship experience, take a look at interviews with past interns Katie Houston, Alpha Iota; Lexi Artman, Delta; and Jackie Brideau, Kappa Omicron.